||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
- Press control buttons to activate machinery and equipment.
- Synchronize speeds of sections of machines when producing products involving several steps or processes.
- Activate machines to shape or form products, such as candy bars, light bulbs, balloons, or insulation panels.
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend presses and forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, bending, cutting, piercing, or other operations to taper, shape, or form metal.
- Turn handles or knobs to set pressures and depths of ram strokes and to synchronize machine operations.
- Start machines to produce sample workpieces, and observe operations to detect machine malfunctions and to verify that machine setups conform to specifications.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust and correct machine set-ups to reduce thicknesses, reshape products, and eliminate product defects.
- Start operation of rolling and milling machines to flatten, temper, form, and reduce sheet metal sections and to produce steel strips.
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that extrude and form filaments from synthetic materials such as rayon, fiberglass, or liquid polymers.
- Press buttons to stop machines when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Move controls to activate and adjust extruding and forming machines.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Swage fittings onto cables, using swaging machines.
- Set up or operate machines or systems to crimp, cut, bend, form, swage, flare, bead, burr, or straighten tubing, according to specifications.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature, and to synchronize speed of extrusion.
- Adjust controls to draw or press metal into specified shapes and diameters.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend metal or plastic molding, casting, or coremaking machines to mold or cast metal or thermoplastic parts or products.
- Select coolants and lubricants, and start their flow.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Operate or tend wire-coiling machines to wind wire coils used in electrical components such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments such as bobbins and generators.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Set up and operate metalworking machines, such as milling or grinding machines, to shape or fabricate parts.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, or bandsaws, to fabricate prototypes or models.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select the proper coolants and lubricants and start their flow.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Operate metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines, such as brakes and shears.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust ram strokes of presses to specified lengths, using hand tools.