||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications manuals, and plan assembly or building operations.
||Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Read work orders or blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Read job orders and inspect workpieces to determine work procedures and materials required.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Read blueprints, drawings, or written specifications, and consult with designers to determine sizes and shapes of patterns and required machine setups.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Read work orders and communicate with coworkers to determine machine and equipment settings and adjustments and supply and product specifications.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, printed circuit board pattern films, and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess workpiece specifications and to determine tooling instructions, tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings of parts to be cast or patterns to be made, compute dimensions, and plan operational sequences.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Study artistic objects or graphic materials, such as models, sketches, or blueprints, to plan carving or cutting techniques.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Read and interpret instruction manuals or technical drawings related to biomass-fueled power or biofuels production equipment or processes.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
||First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study machining instructions, job orders, or blueprints to determine dimensional or finish specifications, sequences of operations, setups, or tooling requirements.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Read work orders, recipes, or formulas to determine cooking times and temperatures, and ingredient specifications.
||Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Review blueprints, sketches, or work orders to gather information about tasks to be completed.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.