||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Attach brackets, hinges, or clips to secure or support components or subassemblies, using bolts, screws, rivets, chemical bonding, or welding.
- Join structural assemblies, such as wings, tails, or fuselage.
- Manually install structural assemblies or signal crane operators to position assemblies for joining.
- Weld tubing and fittings or solder cable ends, using tack-welders, induction brazing chambers, or other equipment.
- Fit and fasten sheet metal coverings to surface areas or other sections of aircraft prior to welding or riveting.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
- Cut and weld steel, using underwater welding equipment, jigs, and supports.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Solder or weld frames of mallet instruments and metal drum parts.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Design, weld, and fabricate parts, using blueprints or other mechanical plans.
||Medical Equipment Repairers
- Repair shop equipment, metal furniture, or hospital equipment, including welding broken parts or replacing missing parts, or bring item into local shop for major repairs.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Connect metal parts or components in hydroelectric plants by welding, soldering, riveting, tapping, bolting, bonding, or screwing.
- Hammer out dents and bends in frames and weld tears and breaks.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Brace parts in position within hulls or ships for riveting or welding.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Drill and tap holes for rivets and glue, weld, bolt, or rivet parts together to form prosthetic or orthotic devices.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Assemble pattern sections, using hand tools, bolts, screws, rivets, glue, or welding equipment.
- Weld broken or cracked frames together, using oxyacetylene torches and welding rods.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Attach workpieces to grinding machines and form specified sections and repair cracks, using welding or brazing equipment.
||First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Perform skilled repair or maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand or power tools, hydraulic presses or shears, or welding equipment.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.