- Make repairs, such as enlarging or reducing ring sizes, soldering pieces of jewelry together, and replacing broken clasps and mountings.
- Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
- Melt and roll out metal into sheets or bars, and stamp out jewelry such as gold and silver chains, using presses or dies.
- Burn grooves or crevices in molds in order to correct defects, using soldering guns.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Melt lead bars, wire, or scrap to add lead to joints or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Solder parts together or fill holes and cracks with metal solder, using gas torches.
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dress electrodes, using tip dressers, files, emery cloths, or dressing wheels.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Melt or heat coating materials to specified temperatures.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Place electrodes in tube ends and heat them with glass burners to fuse them into place.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Repair broken parts, using precision hand tools and soldering irons.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Melt metal pieces, using torches, and cast products, such as inlays and crowns, using centrifugal casting machines.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Wire and solder electrical and electronic connections and components.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Secure stones in metal mountings, using solder.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Connect metal parts or components in hydroelectric plants by welding, soldering, riveting, tapping, bolting, bonding, or screwing.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Weld tubing and fittings or solder cable ends, using tack welders, induction brazing chambers, or other equipment.