Related Task Search
7 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Solderers and Brazers.
- Turn valves to start flow of gases and light flames and adjust valves to obtain desired colors and sizes of flames.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move controls to light gas burners and to adjust gas and water flow and flame temperature.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of gas to maintain processes at required levels or to correct problems.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed, or flow of liquids or gases and times of prescribed reactions, according to knowledge of equipment and processes.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set dials and timing controls to regulate electrical current, gas flow pressure, heating or cooling cycles, or shut-off.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.