||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts, according to specifications.
- Select nozzles, spacers, and wire guides, according to diameters and lengths of rods.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Select appropriate pressing machines, based on garment properties such as heat tolerance.
- Select, install, and adjust machine components, including pressing forms, rollers, and guides, using hoists and hand tools.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select, position, align, and bolt jigs, holding fixtures, guides, or stops onto machines, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Select torch tips, alloys, flux, coil, tubing, or wire, according to metal types or thicknesses, data charts, or records.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Select the correct spray gun system for the material being applied.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Select knives, saws, blades, cutter heads, cams, bits, or belts, according to workpiece, machine functions, or product specifications.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select, align, and bolt positioning fixtures, stops, and specified dies to rams and anvils, forging rolls, or presses and hammers.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces into the desired shapes.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select and install cutting tools and other accessories according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Select chisels, pneumatic or surfacing tools, or sandblasting nozzles and determine sequence of use.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Select lens blanks, molds, tools, and polishing or grinding wheels, according to production specifications.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select machine tooling to be used, using knowledge of machine and production requirements.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select rolls, dies, roll stands, and chucks from data charts to form specified contours and to fabricate products.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Select files or other abrasives, according to materials, sizes and shapes of workpieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Select shaping wheels for tasks, and mix and apply abrasives, bort, or polishing compounds.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Select proper types of plates according to press run lengths.