||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move machine controls to lower tools to workpieces and to engage automatic feeds.
- Operate single- or multiple-spindle drill presses to bore holes so that machining operations can be performed on metal or plastic workpieces.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Regulate the speed of revolutions and reciprocating actions of drilling mechanisms.
- Regrind drill points, and advance drill cutting points according to specifications for channel depths and shapes.
||Mechanical Door Repairers
- Prepare doors for hardware installation, such as drilling holes to install locks.
- Bore or cut holes in flooring as required for installation, using hand or power tools.
||Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
- Open safe locks by drilling.
||Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and equipment, using electric drills and routers.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Lay out and drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.
||Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Drill and tap holes for rivets and glue, weld, bolt, or rivet parts together to form prosthetic or orthotic devices.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures, outlet boxes, and fuse holders, using electric drills and routers.
||Refractory Materials Repairers, Except Brickmasons
- Drill holes in furnace walls, bolt overlapping layers of plastic to walls, and hammer surfaces to compress layers into solid sheets.
||Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Drill holes and cut or carve moldings and grooves in stone, according to diagrams and patterns.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Drill, countersink, and ream holes in parts and assemblies for bolts, screws, and other fasteners, using power tools.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels, by hand or using boring machines.
- Drill holes in rock and rig explosives for underwater demolitions.
||Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Drill holes and install mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Punch holes in light-sensitive plates and insert pins in holes to prepare plates for contact with positive or negative film.