||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Apply rust-resistant undercoats and caulk and seal seams.
- Sand and apply sealer to properly dried vehicle finish.
- Apply primer over any repairs made to vehicle surfaces.
- Allow the sprayed product to dry and touch up any missed spots.
- Use brush to hand-paint areas in need of retouching or unreachable with a spray gun.
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain and apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Stencil, gild, emboss, mark, or paint designs or borders to reproduce the original appearance of restored pieces, or to decorate new pieces.
- Paint metal surfaces electrostatically, or by using a spray gun or other painting equipment.
- Spread graining ink over metal portions of furniture to simulate wood-grain finish.
- Brush bleaching agents on wood surfaces to restore natural color.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Immerse objects to be coated or plated into cleaning solutions, or spray objects with conductive solutions to prepare them for plating.
- Spray coating in specified patterns according to instructions.
- Plate small objects, such as nuts or bolts, using motor-driven barrels.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Expose workpieces to acid to develop etch patterns such as designs, lettering, or figures.
- Brush or wipe acid over engraving to darken or highlight inscriptions.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes.
- Decorate baked goods, such as cakes or pastries.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Apply coatings, such as paint, ink, or lacquer, to protect or decorate workpiece surfaces, using spray guns, pens, or brushes.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Paint or lacquer patterns.
- Clean and paint completed tires.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Paint structures as specified, using paint sprayers.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Place workpieces in electroplating solutions or apply pigments to surfaces of workpieces to highlight ridges and grooves.
- Plate articles such as jewelry pieces and watch dials, using silver, gold, nickel, or other metals.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Mix and apply protective coatings to products.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Apply solutions or paints to wired electrical components, using hand tools, and bake components.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Mix catalysts into resins, and saturate cloth and mats with mixtures, using brushes.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Apply pigment to layout surfaces, using paint brushes.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Mix pigments to match patients' skin coloring, according to formulas, and apply mixtures to orthotic or prosthetic devices.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Finish patterns or models with protective or decorative coatings such as shellac, lacquer, or wax.
- Mix and apply glazes, and load glazed pieces into kilns for firing.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative finishes, such as stain, varnish, paint, or lacquer.
- Finish completed products or models with shellac, lacquer, wax, or paint.