||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Plan and develop layouts from blueprints and templates, applying knowledge of trigonometry, design, effects of heat, and properties of metals.
- Design and prepare templates of wood, paper, or metal.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Create computer models of patterns or parts, using modeling software.
- Design and create templates, patterns, or coreboxes according to work orders, sample parts, or mockups.
- Draw and cut patterns according to specifications.
- Correct patterns to compensate for defects in castings.
||Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Design upholstery cover patterns and cutting plans, based on sketches, customer descriptions, or blueprints.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Draw patterns, using measurements, designs, plaster casts, or customer specifications, and position or outline patterns on work pieces.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Use computer software to design patterns for engraving.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Develop templates and models for welding projects, using mathematical calculations based on blueprint information.