Related Task Search
8 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers.
- Make adjustments to patterns after fittings.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Straighten, smooth, or shape materials to prepare them for pressing.
- Shrink, stretch, or block articles by hand to conform to original measurements, using forms, blocks, and steam.
- Position materials such as cloth garments, felt, or straw on tables, dies, or feeding mechanisms of pressing machines, or on ironing boards or work tables.
- Block or shape knitted garments after cleaning.
||Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- Put in padding and shaping materials.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Fold or shape materials before or after cutting them.
- Stretch webbing and fabric, using webbing stretchers.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Shape shoe heels with a knife, and sand them on a buffing wheel for smoothness.
- Fold, twist, stretch, or drape material, and secure articles in preparation for sewing.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Bend, form, and shape fabric or material to conform to prescribed contours of structural components.