||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Tend accessory equipment, such as pumps or conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Start agitators, shakers, conveyors, pumps, or centrifuge machines.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Control or operate manifold and pumping systems to circulate liquids through a petroleum refinery.
- Operate auxiliary equipment and control multiple processing units during distilling or treating operations, moving controls that regulate valves, pumps, compressors, and auxiliary equipment.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Set controls to regulate temperature and length of cycles, and start conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Start pumps to wash and rinse reactor vessels, to exhaust gases or vapors, to regulate the flow of oil, steam, air, or perfume to towers, or to add products to converter or blending vessels.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature and time controls, light ovens, burners, driers, or roasters, and start equipment, such as conveyors, cylinders, blowers, driers, or pumps.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Start metering pumps and observe operation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous flow of filaments extruded through spinnerettes and to detect processing defects.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Operate hydroelectric plant equipment, such as turbines, pumps, valves, gates, fans, electric control boards, or battery banks.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Tend accessory equipment, such as pumps and conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Open valves or start pumps, agitators, reactors, blowers, or automatic feed of materials.
- Fill processing or cooking containers, such as kettles, rotating cookers, pressure cookers, or vats, with ingredients, by opening valves, by starting pumps or injectors, or by hand.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Operate or tend stationary engines, boilers, and auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, compressors, or air-conditioning equipment, to supply and maintain steam or heat for buildings, marine vessels, or pneumatic tools.