||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Turn petcocks to adjust the flow of binding fluid to sleeves.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Start pumps to circulate water and abrasives onto blades or cables during cutting.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines and turn handwheels or valves to engage feeding, cooling, and lubricating mechanisms.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves to pump sterilizing solutions or rinse water through pipes or equipment or to spray vats with atomizers.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move controls to light gas burners and to adjust gas and water flow and flame temperature.
||Power Plant Operators
- Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on instrument data or from computers.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Calibrate liquid flow devices or meters, including fuel, chemical, and water meters.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Calibrate liquid flow devices and meters, including fuel, chemical, and water meters.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of gas to maintain processes at required levels or to correct problems.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves to regulate the moisture contents of materials.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Start pumps and open valves or use automated equipment to regulate the flow of oil in pipelines and into and out of tanks.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed, or flow of liquids or gases and times of prescribed reactions, according to knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of liquids or air, to reverse machines, to start pumps, or to regulate equipment.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set dials and timing controls to regulate electrical current, gas flow pressure, heating or cooling cycles, or shut-off.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.