- Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Review work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Read prescriptions or specifications to determine the type of product or device to be fabricated and the materials and tools that will be required.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Read work orders and communicate with coworkers to determine machine and equipment settings and adjustments and supply and product specifications.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Read prescriptions or specifications and examine models or impressions to determine the design of dental products to be constructed.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess workpiece specifications and to determine tooling instructions, tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study machining instructions, job orders, or blueprints to determine dimensional or finish specifications, sequences of operations, setups, or tooling requirements.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Read work orders, recipes, or formulas to determine cooking times and temperatures, and ingredient specifications.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Examine prescriptions, work orders, or broken or used eyeglasses to determine specifications for lenses, contact lenses, or other optical elements.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Read work orders to determine dimensions, cutting locations, and quantities to cut.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Read and interpret work orders and instructions to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Study blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product specifications, tool requirements, and operational sequences.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Read work orders to determine quantities and types of products to be baked, dried, or roasted.
- Follow blueprints to produce specific designs.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Read work orders to determine production specifications or information.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Read rolling orders, blueprints, and mill schedules to determine setup specifications, work sequences, product dimensions, and installation procedures.