||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Direct reactor operators in emergency situations, in accordance with emergency operating procedures.
- Authorize maintenance activities on units or changes in equipment or system operational status.
- Supervise technicians' work activities to ensure that equipment is operated in accordance with policies and procedures that protect workers from radiation and ensure environmental safety.
- Authorize actions to correct identified operational inefficiencies or hazards so that operating efficiency is maximized and potential environmental issues are minimized.
- Direct the collection and testing of air, water, gas, or solid samples to determine radioactivity levels or to ensure appropriate radioactive containment.
- Direct measurement of the intensity or types of radiation in work areas, equipment, or materials.
- Identify or direct implementation of appropriate decontamination procedures, based on equipment and the size, nature, and type of contamination.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Load articles into washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to perform loading.
- Operate extractors and driers, or direct their operation.
- Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to do so.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Direct workers engaged in operating machinery that regulates the flow of materials and products.
- Supervise the cleaning of towers, strainers, or spray tips.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Synchronize activities with other pumphouses to ensure a continuous flow of products and a minimum of contamination between products.
- Coordinate shutdowns and major projects.
||Printing Press Operators
- Direct or monitor work of press crews.
- Control workflow scheduling or job tracking, using computer database software.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Direct and coordinate plant workers engaged in routine operations and maintenance activities.
- Supervise assemblers and train employees on job procedures.
||Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Supervise other butchers or meat cutters.
||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Direct personnel engaged in controlling or operating distribution equipment or machinery, such as instructing control room operators to start boilers or generators.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Train or supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Direct work crews in the cleaning and repair of furnace walls and flooring.
||First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Direct or coordinate bakery deliveries.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Direct crane operators and crew members to load vessels with materials to be processed.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Coordinate raw product sourcing or collection.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Signal or direct workers who tend auxiliary equipment.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Direct and train other workers to change rolls, operate mill equipment, remove coils and cobbles, and band and load material.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Supervise the work of assistant stationary engineers, turbine operators, boiler tenders, or air conditioning and refrigeration operators and mechanics.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Direct welders to build up low spots or short pieces with weld.
- Give directions to other workers who are assisting in the batchmaking process.