||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products, and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment, and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Clean work area.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Drain, clean, and refill machines or tanks at designated intervals, using cleaning solutions or water.
- Adjust, clean, and lubricate mechanical parts of machines, using hand tools and grease guns.
||Recycling and Reclamation Workers
- Clean recycling yard by sweeping, raking, picking up broken glass and loose paper debris, or moving barrels and bins.
- Clean, inspect, or lubricate recyclable collection equipment or perform routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment, such as star gears, finger sorters, destoners, belts, and grinders.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Clean, adjust, and maintain equipment, using hand tools.
- Clean work areas.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Conduct general housekeeping of units, including wiping up oil spills and performing general cleaning duties.
- Clean interiors of processing units by circulating chemicals and solvents within units.
||Printing Press Operators
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed.
- Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Clean equipment and work areas.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers or power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Smooth and clean inner surfaces of molds, using brushes, scrapers, air hoses, or grinding wheels, and fill imperfections with refractory material.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and maintain equipment, using water hoses and scrapers.
- Perform equipment maintenance, such as cleaning tanks and lubricating moving parts of conveyors.
||Maintenance Workers, Machinery
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse to maintain machinery and work areas.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Remove loose wires and other debris after work is completed.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Scrape, dislodge, or break excess frost, ice, or frozen product from equipment to prevent accumulation, using hands and hand tools.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Clean and tidy up the shop.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Perform general cleaning of buildings or properties.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Clean and maintain tanks, filter beds, and other work areas, using hand tools and power tools.