||Meter Readers, Utilities
- Report lost or broken keys.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and report or resolve problems.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Inspect biomass power plant or processing equipment, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Repair or replace machine parts, using hand tools, or notify engineering personnel when corrective action is required.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Notify supervisors of mechanical malfunctions.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Inspect biofuels plant or processing equipment regularly, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Notify maintenance, stationary engineering, or other auxiliary personnel to correct equipment malfunctions or to adjust power, steam, water, or air supplies.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Correct machinery malfunctions by performing actions such as removing jams, and inform supervisors of malfunctions as necessary.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Contact maintenance crews when necessary.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe flow of materials and listen for machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Note malfunctions of equipment, instruments, or controls and report these conditions to supervisors.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
||Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Notify supervisors or repair staff of mechanical malfunctions.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Notify other workers of defects, and direct them to adjust extruding and forming machines.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Notify maintenance engineers of equipment malfunctions.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Inspect equipment for leaks, diagnose malfunctions, and request repairs.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Notify supervisors or mechanics of equipment malfunctions.