||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Check arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase orders, submitting discrepancy reports as necessary.
- Inspect or test raw materials, parts, or products to determine compliance with environmental standards.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Test samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine samples to verify qualities such as clarity, cleanliness, consistency, dryness, or texture.
- Test samples to determine viscosity, acidity, specific gravity, or degree of concentration, using test equipment such as viscometers, pH meters, or hydrometers.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Draw samples of products and conduct quality control tests to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Test gas, chemicals, and air during processing to assess factors such as purity and moisture content, and to detect quality problems or gas or chemical leaks.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Perform tests to check the qualities and grades of products, such as assessing levels of bottom sediment, water, and foreign materials in oil samples, using centrifugal testers.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Collect and test water and sewage samples, using test equipment and color analysis standards.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Draw samples for laboratory analysis, or test solutions for conformance to specifications, such as acidity or specific gravity.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Sample and test product characteristics such as specific gravity, acidity, and sugar content, using hydrometers, pH meters, or refractometers.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Examine or test samples of processed substances, or collect samples for laboratory testing, to ensure conformance to specifications.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Test product samples for specific gravity, chemical characteristics, pH levels, concentrations, or viscosities, or send them to laboratories for testing.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Test boiler water quality or arrange for testing and take necessary corrective action, such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Test solutions used to process textile goods to detect variations from standards.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Identify articles' fabrics and original dyes by sight and touch, or by testing samples with fire or chemical reagents.