||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
- Unclamp workpieces and remove them from machines.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Adjust depths and sizes of cuts by adjusting heights of worktables, or by adjusting machine-arm gauges.
- Set reduction scales to attain specified sizes of reproduction on workpieces, and set pantograph controls for required heights, depths, and widths of cuts.
- Remove completed workpieces and place them in trays.
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove workpieces from machines, and check to ensure that they conform to specifications, using measuring instruments such as microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Select cutting speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts, applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other, and to start machines.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
- Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Adjust saw blades, using wrenches and rulers, or by turning handwheels or pressing pedals, levers, or panel buttons.
- Set up, operate, or tend saws or machines that cut or trim wood to specified dimensions, such as circular saws, band saws, multiple-blade sawing machines, scroll saws, ripsaws, or crozer machines.
- Unclamp and remove finished workpieces from tables.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Remove workpieces from fixtures, using tongs, and cool workpieces, using air or water.
- Remove workpieces from molten solder and hold parts together until color indicates that solder has set.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Measure, space, and set saw blades, cutters, and perforators, according to product specifications.
- Remove finished cores, and stack or place them on conveyors for transfer to other work areas.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
- Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks, setting aside pieces that are defective.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting speeds, depths, and angles.
- Move pieces from wheels so that they can dry.
- Adjust pressures, temperatures, and trimming tool settings as required.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust cutting techniques to types of fabrics and styles of garments.
- Install, level, and align components, such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles, to set up machinery for operation.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove spindles from machines and bobbins from spindles.
- Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles to set up machinery for operation.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Pull extruded fiberglass filaments over sleeves where binding solution is applied, and into grooves of graphite shoes that bind filaments into single strands of sliver.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove cooked material or products from equipment.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Clear jams, and remove defective or substandard materials or products.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove parts from furnaces after specified times, and air dry or cool parts in water, oil brine, or other baths.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Unload finished products from conveyor belts, pack them in containers, and place containers in warehouses.