||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, hand tools, and cutting torches.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Disassemble instruments and parts for repair and adjustment.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Remove engines from equipment, and position and bolt engines to repair stands.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Disassemble units such as water pumps, control valves, and compressors so that repairs can be made.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Disassemble equipment to repair it or to replace parts, such as nozzles, punches, and filters.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Separate tubed tires from wheels, using rubber mallets and metal bars or mechanical tire changers.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Disassemble defective equipment so that repairs can be made, using hand tools.
||Audiovisual Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Disassemble entertainment equipment and repair or replace loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools and soldering irons.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
||Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
- Disassemble mechanical or electrical locking devices, and repair or replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, using hand tools.
||Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
||Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
||Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Disassemble and inspect motors to locate defective parts, using mechanic's hand tools and gauges.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Disassemble machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools.
||Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Disassemble equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.