- Smooth soldered joints and rough spots, using hand files and emery paper, and polish smoothed areas with polishing wheels or buffing wire.
- Clean and polish metal items and jewelry pieces, using jewelers' tools, polishing wheels, and chemical baths.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Spread emery powder or other polishing compounds on stone, or wet stone surfaces with hoses, and guide buffing wheels over stone to polish surfaces.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Clean and polish engraved areas.
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Polish articles by hand or by using a polishing wheel.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Polish artificial limbs, braces, or supports, using grinding and buffing wheels.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Remove excess metal or porcelain and polish surfaces of prostheses or frameworks, using polishing machines.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Smooth surfaces of carvings, using rubbing stones.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Set dials and start machines to polish lenses or hold lenses against rotating wheels to polish them manually.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Clean, treat, buff, or polish finished items, using grinders, brushes, chisels, and cleaning solutions and polishing materials.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove scratches and polish roll surfaces, using polishing stones and electric buffers.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Place stones in clamps on polishing machines and polish facets of stones, using felt-covered or canvas-covered polishing wheels and polishing compounds such as tripoli and rouge.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers