||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Reduce heat when processing is complete to allow parts to cool in furnaces or machinery.
- Set oven temperatures, and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Observe color of products being baked, and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Set the proper operating temperature for each casting.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Turn rheostats to obtain specified temperatures in electric furnaces where glass is melted.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes, adjusting furnace flames, torches, or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Start machines and move controls to regulate tension on pressure rolls, to synchronize speed of machine components, and to adjust temperatures of glue or paraffin.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Start machines, and turn valves or move controls to feed, admit, apply, or transfer materials and adhesives, and to adjust temperature, pressure, and time settings.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature and time controls, light ovens, burners, driers, or roasters, and start equipment, such as conveyors, cylinders, blowers, driers, or pumps.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Set controls to regulate temperature and length of cycles, and start conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
- Place corpses into crematory machines to reduce remains to bone fragments using flame, heat, or alkaline hydrolysis.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature, and to synchronize speed of extrusion.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces and feed or place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Set up and adjust machine press stroke lengths and pressures and regulate oven temperatures, according to glass types to be processed.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Load hot-melt plastic rod glue through reactivator axles, using wrenches, and switch on reactivators, setting temperature and timers to heat glue to specifications.