||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products, and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment, and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
- Disassemble defective parts or components, such as inaccurate or worn gauges or measuring instruments.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
||Recycling and Reclamation Workers
- Clean, inspect, or lubricate recyclable collection equipment or perform routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment, such as star gears, finger sorters, destoners, belts, and grinders.
- Dismantle wrecked vehicles by removing parts and labeling and sorting parts into containers.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, hand tools, and cutting torches.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Clean dies, arbors, compression chambers, and molds, using swabs, sponges, or air hoses.
- Disassemble equipment to repair it or to replace parts, such as nozzles, punches, and filters.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Smooth and clean inner surfaces of molds, using brushes, scrapers, air hoses, or grinding wheels, and fill imperfections with refractory material.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Drain, clean, and refill machines or tanks at designated intervals, using cleaning solutions or water.
- Adjust, clean, and lubricate mechanical parts of machines, using hand tools and grease guns.
||Printing Press Operators
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed.
- Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torches, straightening presses, and hand tools.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and maintain equipment, using water hoses and scrapers.
- Perform equipment maintenance, such as cleaning tanks and lubricating moving parts of conveyors.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Disassemble defective equipment so that repairs can be made, using hand tools.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Disassemble instruments and parts for repair and adjustment.
||Maintenance Workers, Machinery
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Separate tubed tires from wheels, using rubber mallets and metal bars or mechanical tire changers.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.