||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Rinse coated objects in cleansing liquids and dry them with cloths, centrifugal driers, or by tumbling in sawdust-filled barrels.
- Operate sandblasting equipment to roughen and clean surfaces of workpieces.
- Clean workpieces, using wire brushes.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Clean surfaces of workpieces in preparation for coating, using cleaning fluids, solvents, brushes, scrapers, steam, sandpaper, or cloth.
- Rinse, drain, or wipe coated workpieces to remove excess coating material or to facilitate setting of finish coats on workpieces.
- Remove excess solvent, using cloths soaked in paint thinner.
- Wash surfaces to prepare them for finish application.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Clean, oil, or coat system components, as necessary, before assembly or attachment.
- Clean aircraft structures, parts, or components, using aqueous, semi-aqueous, aliphatic hydrocarbon, or organic solvent cleaning products or techniques to reduce carbon or other harmful emissions.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Clean and polish engraved areas.
- Neutralize workpieces to remove acid, wax, or enamel, using water, solvents, brushes, or specialized machines.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
||Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease paddles or oilcans.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and finish patterns or templates, using emery cloths, files, scrapers, and power grinders.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Clean finished lenses and eyeglasses, using cloths and solvents.
||Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Clean and lubricate timepiece parts and assemblies, using solvents, buff sticks, and oil.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Clean, treat, buff, or polish finished items, using grinders, brushes, chisels, and cleaning solutions and polishing materials.
- Clean and paint completed tires.
- Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Clean, finish, and lubricate molds and mold parts.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Clean and polish metal items and jewelry pieces, using jewelers' tools, polishing wheels, and chemical baths.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.