- Place tires into molds for new tread.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Roll camelbacks onto casings by hand, and cut camelbacks, using knives.
- Cut plies at splice points, and press ends together to form continuous bands.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
- Hand-form, cut, or finish workpieces, using tools such as table saws, hand sledges, or anvils.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Insert book bodies in devices that form back edges of books into convex shapes and produce grooves that facilitate cover attachment.
- Cut cover material to specified dimensions, fitting and gluing material to binder boards by hand or machine.
- Cut binder boards to specified dimensions, using board shears, hand cutters, or cutting machines.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Secure gems or diamonds in holders, chucks, dops, lapidary sticks, or blocks for cutting, polishing, grinding, drilling, or shaping.
- Place stones in clamps on polishing machines and polish facets of stones, using felt-covered or canvas-covered polishing wheels and polishing compounds such as tripoli and rouge.
- Split gems along pre-marked lines to remove imperfections, using blades and jewelers' hammers.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Place semiconductor wafers in processing containers or equipment holders, using vacuum wand or tweezers.
- Scribe or separate wafers into dice.
- Mount crystal ingots or wafers on blocks or plastic laminate, using special mounting devices, to facilitate their positioning in the holding fixtures of sawing, drilling, grinding or sanding equipment.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Cut and file pieces of jewelry such as rings, brooches, bracelets, and lockets.
- Pierce and cut open designs in ornamentation, using hand drills and scroll saws.
- Lay out designs on metal stock, and cut along markings to fabricate pieces used to cast metal molds.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Position material or articles in clamps, templates, or hoop frames prior to automatic operation of machines.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Position and clamp workpieces, plates, or rollers in holding fixtures.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Collect shoe parts from conveyer belts or racks and place them in machinery such as ovens or on molds for dressing, returning them to conveyers or racks to send them to the next work station.
- Select and place spools of thread or pre-wound bobbins into shuttles, or onto spindles or loupers of stitching machines.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Position and clamp stock on tables, conveyors, or carriages, using hoists, guides, stops, dogs, wedges, or wrenches.
- Cut grooves, bevels, or miters, saw curved or irregular designs, and sever or shape metals, according to specifications or work orders.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Cut, shape, and trim materials, such as textiles, food, glass, stone, and metal, using knives, scissors, and other hand tools, portable power tools, or bench-mounted tools.
- Unroll, lay out, attach, or mount materials or items on cutting tables or machines.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Bore holes or cut grates, risers, or pouring spouts in molds, using power tools.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position objects to be plated in frames, or suspend them from positive or negative terminals of power supplies.
- Cut metal or other materials, using shears or band saws.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Cut, trim, file, bend, or smooth parts to ensure proper fit and clearance.
- Cut cables and tubing, using master templates, measuring instruments, and cable cutters or saws.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Position and secure workpieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
- Grind, cut, buff, or bend edges of workpieces to be joined to ensure snug fit, using power grinders and hand tools.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Hang curtains, drapes, blankets, pants, and other garments on stretch frames to dry.
- Spread soiled articles on work tables, and position stained portions over vacuum heads or on marble slabs.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Secure woodstock against a guide or in a holding device, place woodstock on a conveyor, or dump woodstock in a hopper to feed woodstock into machines.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Place shoes on lasts to remove soles and heels, using knives or pliers.