||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, or other indicators and listen for warning signals, to verify conformity of process conditions.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Fill oil cups, adjust valves, and observe gauges to control flow of metal coolants and lubricants onto workpieces.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Monitor pressure gauges, ammeters, flowmeters, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe temperature, humidity, pressure gauges, and product samples and adjust controls, such as thermostats and valves, to maintain prescribed operating conditions for specific stages.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Monitor gauges, recording instruments, flowmeters, or products to ensure that specified conditions are maintained.
- Observe gauges and thermometers to determine if the mixing chamber temperature is within specified limits, and turn valves to control the temperature.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe meters and gauges to verify and record temperatures, pressures, and press-cycle times.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Observe machine operations, gauges, or thermometers, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes, adjusting furnace flames, torches, or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Monitor material flow or instruments such as temperature or pressure gauges, indicators, or meters to ensure optimal processing conditions.