||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Verify that incoming and outgoing products are moving through the correct meters, and that meters are working properly.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Note malfunctions of equipment, instruments, or controls and report these conditions to supervisors.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Monitor machine cycles and mill operation to detect jamming and to ensure that products conform to specifications.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration, and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and report or resolve problems.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Observe operations inside furnaces, using television screens, to ensure that problems do not occur.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe flow of materials and listen for machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or glue that isn't sticking properly.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Start metering pumps and observe operation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous flow of filaments extruded through spinnerettes and to detect processing defects.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions.
||Power Plant Operators
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Observe operations to detect defects, malfunctions, or supply shortages.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe drilling or boring machine operations to detect any problems.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe machine operations to detect any problems, making necessary adjustments to correct problems.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary, stopping machines when problems occur.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.