||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Replace worn dies when products vary from specifications.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Repair or replace damaged equipment.
- Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools or brushes, using hand tools.
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
||Power Plant Operators
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland or pipe joints.
- Repair or replace gas piping.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Maintain, repair, and lubricate equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Service or repair machinery used in the fabrication of appliances.
||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Repair, maintain, or clean equipment or machinery, using hand tools.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies, using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Replace worn tools, using hand tools, and sharpen dull tools, using bench grinders.
||Recycling and Reclamation Workers
- Clean, inspect, or lubricate recyclable collection equipment or perform routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment, such as star gears, finger sorters, destoners, belts, and grinders.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Change worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Repair broken scrolls by replacing them with new sections of tubing.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Replace or sharpen dulled cutting tools such as saws.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Replace worn or defective equipment parts, using hand tools.