||Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation
- Inspect vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with rules, standards, or regulations.
- Inspect repairs to transportation vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
- Identify modifications to engines, fuel systems, emissions control equipment, or other vehicle systems to determine the impact of modifications on inspection procedures or conclusions.
- Perform low-pressure fuel evaluative tests (LPFET) to test for harmful emissions from vehicles without onboard diagnostics (OBD) equipment.
- Conduct remote inspections of motor vehicles, using handheld controllers and remotely directed vehicle inspection devices.
- Compare emissions findings with applicable emissions standards.
- Conduct visual inspections of emission control equipment and smoke emitted from gasoline or diesel vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle or transportation equipment tests, using diagnostic equipment.
- Identify emissions testing procedures and standards appropriate for the age and technology of vehicles.
||Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
||Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors
- Inspect trucks prior to beginning routes to ensure safe operating condition.
||Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Test and charge batteries.
||Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
||Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
||Parking Lot Attendants
- Inspect vehicles to detect any damage.
||Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
||First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Inspect or test materials, stock, vehicles, equipment, or facilities to ensure that they are safe, free of defects, and consistent with specifications.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.