||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Review daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
||Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
- Read operating schedules or instructions or receive verbal orders to determine amounts to be pumped.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Determine cargo transportation capabilities by reading documents that set forth cargo loading and securing procedures, capacities, and stability factors.
||First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Review orders, production schedules, blueprints, or shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations.
||Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Read production and delivery schedules, and confer with supervisors, to determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages on pallets, and destinations of loaded pallets.
- Review traffic control or barricade plans to issue permits for parades or other special events or for construction work that affects rights of way, providing assistance with plan preparation or revision, as necessary.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Read switching instructions and daily car schedules to determine work to be performed, or receive orders from yard conductors.
- Obtain and review data such as load weights, fuel supplies, weather conditions, and flight schedules to determine flight plans and identify needed changes.
||Airfield Operations Specialists
- Check military flight plans with civilian agencies.
||Loading and Moving Machine Operators, Underground Mining
- Read written instructions or confer with supervisors about schedules and materials to be moved.