||Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Direct and instruct workers engaged in yard activities, such as switching tracks, coupling and uncoupling cars, and routing inbound and outbound traffic.
- Direct engineers to move cars to fit planned train configurations, combining or separating cars to make up or break up trains.
- Supervise workers in the inspection and maintenance of mechanical equipment to ensure efficient and safe train operation.
- Supervise and coordinate crew activities to transport freight and passengers and to provide boarding, porter, maid, and meal services to passengers.
- Instruct workers to regulate air conditioning, lighting, and heating in passenger cars to ensure passengers' comfort.
- Oversee recycling pick-up or drop-off programs to ensure compliance with community ordinances.
- Supervise recycling technicians, community service workers, or other recycling operations employees or volunteers.
- Assign truck drivers or recycling technicians to routes.
- Coordinate shipments of recycling materials with shipping brokers or processing companies.
||Mates- Ship, Boat, and Barge
- Assume command of vessels in the event that ships' masters become incapacitated.
- Supervise crew members in the repair or replacement of defective gear or equipment.
- Supervise crews in cleaning or maintaining decks, superstructures, or bridges.
- Oversee operation of vessels used for carrying passengers, motor vehicles, or goods across rivers, harbors, lakes, and coastal waters.
- Organize and direct the activities of crew members.
- Issue directions for loading, unloading, and seating in boats.
- Prevent ships under navigational control from engaging in unsafe operations.
- Serve as a vessel's docking master upon arrival at a port or at a berth.
- Give directions to crew members steering ships.
||Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators
- Direct workers engaged in placing blocks or outriggers to prevent capsizing of machines when lifting heavy loads.
- Direct ground workers engaged in activities such as moving stakes or markers, or changing positions of towers.
||First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Direct workers in transportation or related services, such as pumping, moving, storing, or loading or unloading of materials or people.
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
||Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Arrange for hauling of logs to appropriate mill sites.
||Mine Shuttle Car Operators
- Direct other workers to move stakes, place blocks, position anchors or cables, or move materials.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Supervise oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells.
- Supervise marine engine technicians engaged in the maintenance or repair of mechanical or electrical marine vessels, and inspect their work to ensure that it is performed properly.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Remove and replace tank car dome caps, or direct other workers in their removal and replacement.
||First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
||Freight and Cargo Inspectors
- Direct crews to reload freight or to insert additional bracing or packing as necessary.
||Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Load smaller aircraft, handling passenger luggage and supervising refueling.
- Supervise other crew members.