Related Task Search
10 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- Control pumping and blending equipment to acidize, cement, or fracture gas or oil wells and permeable rock formations.
- Pump water to clear machinery pipelines.
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
||Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
- Turn valves and start pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Pump two or more materials into one tank to blend mixtures.
||Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
- Turn valves or disconnect hoses to eliminate water, cleaning solutions, or vapors from machinery or tanks.
||Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
- Operate or maintain off-loading liquid pumps or valves.
||Bridge and Lock Tenders
- Turn valves to increase or decrease water levels in locks.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Start pumps and adjust valves or cables to regulate the flow of products to vessels, using knowledge of loading procedures.
||Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Manipulate controls, levers, and valves to start pumps, auxiliary equipment, or conveyors, and to adjust equipment positions, speeds, timing, and material flows.
||Sailors and Marine Oilers
- Attach hoses and operate pumps to transfer substances to and from liquid cargo tanks.