Keyword Relevance for: Administrative
29-1151.00 Nurse Anesthetists
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Administer anesthesia, monitor patient's vital signs, and oversee patient recovery from anesthesia. May assist anesthesiologists, surgeons, other physicians, or dentists. Must be registered nurses who have specialized graduate education.
- Administer post-anesthesia medications or fluids to support patients' cardiovascular systems.
- Prepare prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics following specified methods and procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing airway management, administering emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Select, order, or administer anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids or blood products as necessary.
- Select, order, or administer pre-anesthetic medications.
- Select, prepare, or use equipment, monitors, supplies, or drugs for the administration of anesthetics.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer anesthetics or sedatives to control pain.
- Administer basic health care or medical treatments.
- Administer blood or other fluids intravenously.
- Administer intravenous medications.