Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
29-2041.00 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||17 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||10 matches|
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Director of Ambulance Service and EMTs (Director of Ambulance Service and Emergency Medical Technicians)
- EMS Director (Emergency Medical Services Director)
- EMT Intermediate (Emergency Medical Technician, Intermediate)
- EMT, 911 Primary Response Area (Emergency Medical Technician, 911 Primary Response Area)
- EMT, Basic, Training Officer (Emergency Medical Technician, Basic, Training Officer)
- EMT, Paramedic (Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic)
- EMT, Paramedic Student (Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic Student)
- EMT/Dispatcher (Emergency Medical Technician/Dispatcher)
- EMT/Paramedic (Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic)
- Emergency Medical Tech, Field Training Officer (Emergency Medical Technician, Field Training Officer)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency Medical Technician, Basic (EMT, B)
- Emergency Medical Technician, Basic, Driver (EMT, B, Driver)
- Emergency Medical Technician/Driver (EMT/DRIVER)
- Fire Fighter and EMT (Fire Fighter and Emergency Medical Technician)
- Firefighter/EMT (Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician)
- Lead Dispatcher, EMT (Lead Dispatcher, Emergency Medical Technician)
- Assess injuries, administer emergency medical care, and extricate trapped individuals. Transport injured or sick persons to medical facilities.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Coordinate with treatment center personnel to obtain patients' vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer emergency treatment.
- Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members or police or fire department personnel.
- Drive mobile intensive care unit to specified location, following instructions from emergency medical dispatcher.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer intravenous medications.
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
- Maintain medical equipment or instruments.
- Maintain medical or professional knowledge.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies or equipment.
- Operate diagnostic or therapeutic medical instruments or equipment.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Sterilize medical equipment or instruments.
- Treat medical emergencies.