Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
29-2071.00 Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||49 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Medical Administrative Technician
- Medical Biller Coder
- Medical Billing Coder
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Care Evaluation Specialist
- Medical Claims Processor
- Medical Clerk
- Medical Coder
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Data Analyst
- Medical Insurance Coder
- Medical Insurance Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Technician
- Medical Record Analyst
- Medical Record Assistant
- Medical Record Clerk
- Medical Record Coder
- Medical Record Completion Technician
- Medical Record Consultant
- Medical Record Indexer
- Medical Record Specialist
- Medical Record Technician, Transcriptionist (Medical Record Tech, Transcriptionist)
- Medical Records Administrator
- Medical Records Analyst
- Medical Records Assistant
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Records Coder
- Medical Records Coordinator
- Medical Records Custodian
- Medical Records Director
- Medical Records Liaison
- Medical Records Manager
- Medical Records Nurse Supervisor
- Medical Records Release of Information Clerk
- Medical Records Scanning Specialist
- Medical Records Specialist
- Medical Records Supervisor
- Medical Records Technician (Medical Records Tech)
- Medical Records/Staffing Coordinator
- Medical Reimbursement Specialist
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Ambulatory Medical Coder
- Certified Medical Coder
- Health Information Management Medical Records (HIM Medical Records)
- Office Manager/Medical Records
- Compile, process, and maintain medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system. Process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards in a manner consistent with the healthcare industry's numerical coding system.
- Compile medical care and census data for statistical reports on diseases treated, surgery performed, or use of hospital beds.
- Compile and maintain patients' medical records to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts.
- Manage the department or supervise clerical workers, directing or controlling activities of personnel in the medical records department.
- Post medical insurance billings.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Train medical records staff.
- Transcribe medical reports.
Detailed Work Activities
- Maintain medical facility records.
- Maintain medical or professional knowledge.
- Monitor medical facility activities to ensure adherence to standards or regulations.
- Perform clerical work in medical settings.
- Present medical research reports.
- Process medical billing information.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Supervise medical support personnel.
- Train caregivers or other non-medical personnel.