Keyword Relevance for: bioinformatics
29-2071.00 Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||33 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Health Information Administrator
- Health Information Clerk
- Health Information Coder
- Health Information Correspondence Clerk
- Health Information Correspondence Coordinator
- Health Information Department Manager
- Health Information Management
- Health Information Management Administrator
- Health Information Management Analyst (HIM Analyst)
- Health Information Management Clerk
- Health Information Management Coder, Registered Health Information Technician (HIM Coder, RHIT)
- Health Information Management Coordinator
- Health Information Management Director (HIM Director)
- Health Information Management Hospital Coder (HIM Hospital Coder)
- Health Information Management Medical Records (HIM Medical Records)
- Health Information Management Records Analyst (HIM Records Analyst)
- Health Information Management Scanning Specialist (HIM Scanning Specialist)
- Health Information Management Specialist
- Health Information Management Technician
- Health Information Management Technician, Coder (HIM Tech, Coder)
- Health Information Management Telecommunications Operator (HIM Telecommunications Operator)
- Health Information Management, Birth Certificate Clerk
- Health Information Manager, HIPAA Privacy Officer (Health Information Manager, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Privacy Officer)
- Health Information Services Coordinator
- Health Information Specialist
- Health Information Specialist, Coder, Acute Care and Behavioral Health
- Health Information Systems Technician
- Health Information Technician (Health Information Tech)
- Health Services Information Specialist
- Medical Records Release of Information Clerk
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Release of Information Specialist
- Compile, process, and maintain medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system. Process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards in a manner consistent with the healthcare industry's numerical coding system.
- Consult classification manuals to locate information about disease processes.
- Plan, develop, maintain, or operate a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze information.
- Prepare statistical reports, narrative reports, or graphic presentations of information, such as tumor registry data for use by hospital staff, researchers, or other users.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Resolve or clarify codes or diagnoses with conflicting, missing, or unclear information by consulting with doctors or others or by participating in the coding team's regular meetings.
Detailed Work Activities
- Process medical billing information.