41-4011.00 - Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green Enhanced Skills occupation — green economy activities and technologies are likely to cause significant change to the work and worker requirements. New tasks, skills, knowledge, credentials may be needed. Employment demand remains the same, but there is potential for an increase.
Sales representatives, wholesale and manufacturing, technical and scientific products work in the following green economy sectors:
- Manufacturing — This sector covers activities related to industrial manufacturing of green technology as well as energy efficient manufacturing processes.
- Research, Design, and Consulting Services — This sector encompasses "indirect jobs" to the green economy which includes activities such as energy consulting or research and other related business services.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Inform customers about issues related to responsible use and disposal of products, such as waste reduction or product or byproduct recycling or disposal.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
- Research and convey information to customers about tax benefits or government rebates associated with energy-efficient scientific or technical products, such as solar panels.
- Sell technical and scientific products that are environmentally sound or designed for environmental remediation.