Summary Report for:
11-9039.01 - Distance Learning Coordinators
Coordinate day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedule courses.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Develop or provide technical resources, such as course management and videoconferencing systems, networking, and webcasting, for distance learning programs.
- Prepare and distribute schedules of distance learning resources, such as course offerings, classrooms, laboratories, equipment, and web sites.
- Provide technical or logistical support to users of distance learning classrooms, equipment, web sites, or services.
- Analyze data to assess distance learning program status or to inform decisions for distance learning programs.
- Assess distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
- Communicate to faculty, students, or other users availability of, or changes to, distance learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications.
- Create and maintain web sites or databases that support distance learning programs.
- Develop distance learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
- Direct and support the technical operation of distance learning classrooms or equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of distance learning programs in promoting knowledge or skill acquisition.
|Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|Working Conditions — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.|
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
Employment data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
Industry data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
|Median wages (2012)||$36.95 hourly, $76,860 annual|
|Employment (2010)||33,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2010-2020)||Average (10% to 19%)|
|Projected job openings (2010-2020)||13,600|
|Top industries (2010)|
State & National
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 wage data and 2010-2020 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2010-2020). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.