41-4011.07 - Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Solar sales representatives and assessors work in the following green economy sectors:
- Renewable Energy Generation — This sector covers activities related to developing and using energy sources such as solar, wind, geothermal, and biomass. This sector also includes traditional, non-renewable sources of energy undergoing significant green technological changes (e.g., oil, coal, gas, and nuclear).
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Assess sites to determine suitability for solar equipment, using equipment such as tape measures, compasses, and computer software.
- Calculate potential solar resources or solar array production for a particular site considering issues such as climate, shading, and roof orientation.
- Create customized energy management packages to satisfy customer needs.
- Demonstrate use of solar and related equipment to customers or dealers.
- Develop marketing or strategic plans for sales territories.
- Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs.
- Generate solar energy customer leads to develop new accounts.
- Prepare or review detailed design drawings, specifications, or lists related to solar installations.
- Prepare proposals, quotes, contracts, or presentations for potential solar customers.
- Provide customers with information such as quotes, orders, sales, shipping, warranties, credit, funding options, incentives, or tax rebates.
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment, and services to potential customers or dealers.
- Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on electrical energy requirements, site conditions, price, or other factors.
- Take quote requests or orders from dealers or customers.