Summary Report for:
29-1069.00 - Physicians and Surgeons, All Other
All physicians and surgeons not listed separately.
The occupation code you requested, 29-1069.99 (Physicians and Surgeons, All Other), is no longer in use. In the future, please use 29-1069.00 (Physicians and Surgeons, All Other) instead.
"All Other" titles represent occupations with a wide range of characteristics which do not fit into one of the detailed O*NET-SOC occupations. O*NET data is not available for this type of title. For more detailed occupations under this title, see below.
Wages & Employment Trends
|Median wages (2015)||$90.00+ hourly, $187,200+ annual|
|Employment (2014)||347,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2014-2024)||Much faster than average (14% or higher)|
|Projected job openings (2014-2024)||145,100|
|Top industries (2014)|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2015 wage data and 2014-2024 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2014-2024). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- Physicians and surgeons . Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) , 141 Northwest Point Blvd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-1098. Phone: (847) 434-4000. Fax: (847) 434-8000.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) , 5550 Friendship Blvd., Suite 310, Chevy Chase, MD 20815-7231. Phone: (301) 968-4100.
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) , 4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 510, Raleigh, NC 27607-7506. Phone: (919) 881-2570. Fax: (919) 881-2575.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) , 2915 Vine St., Dallas, TX 75204. Phone: (214) 871-1619. Fax: (214) 871-1943.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists (ACOG) , 409 12th St. SW, P.O. Box 96920, Washington, DC 20090-6920. Phone: (202) 638-5577.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) , 633 N. Saint Clair St., Chicago, IL 60611-3211. Phone: (312) 202-5000.
- American Medical Association (AMA) , Dept. of Communications and Public Relations, 515 N. State St., Chicago, IL 60610. Phone: (800) 621-8335.
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) , Division of Public Relations, 142 E. Ontario St., Chicago, IL 60611. Phone: (800) 621-1773. Fax: (312) 202-8200.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA) , 1000 Wilson Blvd., Suite 1825, Arlington, VA 22209-3901. Phone: (703) 907-7300.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) , 520 N. Northwest Hwy., Park Ridge, IL 60068-2573. Phone: (847) 825-5586. Fax: (847) 825-1692.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) , Section for Student Services, 2450 N St. NW, Washington, DC 20037-1126. Phone: (202) 828-0400. Fax: (202) 828-1125.
- Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) , 2501 M St. NW, Suite 575, Washington, DC 20037. Phone: (800) 822-3060.