11-9199.01 - Regulatory Affairs Managers
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Regulatory affairs managers work in the following green economy sectors:
- Governmental and Regulatory Administration — This sector covers activities by public and private organizations associated with conservation and pollution prevention, regulation enforcement, and policy analysis and advocacy.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Develop relationships with state or federal environmental regulatory agencies to learn about and analyze the potential impacts of proposed environmental policy regulations.
- Evaluate regulatory affairs aspects that are specifically green, such as the use of toxic substances in packaging, carbon footprinting issues, or green policy implementation.
- Monitor regulatory affairs activities to ensure that they are aligned with corporate sustainability or green initiatives.
- Monitor regulatory affairs trends that are related to environmental issues.