17-3026.00 - Industrial Engineering Technicians
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green Enhanced Skills occupation — green economy activities and technologies are likely to cause significant change to the work and worker requirements. New tasks, skills, knowledge, credentials may be needed. Employment demand remains the same, but there is potential for an increase.
Industrial engineering technicians work in the following green economy sectors:
- Manufacturing — This sector covers activities related to industrial manufacturing of green technology as well as energy efficient manufacturing processes.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Evaluate industrial operations for compliance with permits or regulations related to the generation, storage, treatment, transportation, or disposal of hazardous materials or waste.
- Initiate or participate in emergency response procedures to contain, secure, or clean spills of hazardous materials.
- Monitor environmental management systems for compliance with environmental policies, programs, or regulations.
- Operate industrial hygiene equipment in manufacturing environments to reduce exposure to environmental contaminants.