Summary Report for:
11-9039.02 - Fitness and Wellness Coordinators
Manage or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services. Manage and train staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Conduct needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars for wellness and fitness staff.
- Demonstrate proper operation of fitness equipment, such as resistance machines, cardio machines, free weights, or fitness assessment devices.
- Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, strength training, or aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness or wellness programs.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Interpret insurance data or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) data to develop programs that address specific needs of target populations.
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
|Automated external defibrillators AED or hard paddles — Automated external defibrillators AED|
|Electronic blood pressure units — Automatic blood pressure cuffs|
|Emergency medical services first aid kits — Emergency medical aid kits|
|Tape measures — Measuring tapes|
|Treadmills — Exercise treadmills|
Technology used in this occupation:
|Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; MicroFit HealthWizard|
|Desktop publishing software — Microsoft Publisher|
|Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat|
|Electronic mail software — Email software|
|Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel|
Interest code: ES
|Enterprising — Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.|
|Social — Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.|
|Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
|Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
Employment data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
Industry data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
|Median wages (2012)||$36.95 hourly, $76,860 annual|
|Employment (2012)||34,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2012-2022)||Average (8% to 14%)|
|Projected job openings (2012-2022)||12,200|
|Top industries (2012)|
State & National
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 wage data and 2012-2022 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2012-2022). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.