47-2061.00 - Construction Laborers
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green Enhanced Skills occupation — green economy activities and technologies are likely to cause significant change to the work and worker requirements. New tasks, skills, knowledge, credentials may be needed. Employment demand remains the same, but there is potential for an increase.
Construction laborers work in the following green economy sectors:
- Green Construction — This sector covers activities related to constructing new green buildings, retrofitting residential and commercial buildings, and installing other green construction technology.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Apply weather-stripping to reduce energy loss.
- Identify, pack, or transport hazardous or radioactive materials.
- Perform building weatherization tasks, such as repairing windows, adding insulation, or applying weather-stripping materials.
- Perform construction laborer duties at green building sites, such as renewable energy plants or wind turbine installations.
- Perform site activities required of green certified construction practices, such as implementing waste management procedures, identifying materials for reuse, or installing erosion or sedimentation control mechanisms.
- Raze buildings or salvage useful materials.