Details Report for:
11-2011.01 - Green Marketers
Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Develop branding or sales initiatives for green products, such as solar energy systems, green cleaning products, or products using renewable or recycled materials.
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies, using knowledge of green products and technologies, markets, and regulations.
- Identify marketing channels for green products or services.
- Revise existing marketing plans or campaigns for green products, technologies, or services.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Generate or identify sales leads for green products and technologies.
- Maintain portfolios of marketing campaigns, strategies, and other marketing products or ideas.
- Monitor green-related industry statistics or literature to identify trends.
Tools used in this occupation:
|Facsimile machines — Fax machines|
|Notebook computers — Laptop computers|
|Photocopiers — Photocopying equipment|
|Portable data input terminals — Handheld computers|
|Scanners — Computer data input scanners|
|Special purpose telephones — Multi-line telephone systems|
Technology used in this occupation:
|Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Oracle software|
|Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign; Microsoft Publisher|
|Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Reader|
|Electronic mail software — Email software|
|Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP software|
|Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop software|
|Instant messaging software — Twitter|
|Internet browser software — Web browser software|
|Office suite software — Microsoft Office software|
|Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel|
|Web page creation and editing software — Facebook *; LinkedIn; WordPress|
|Word processing software — Microsoft Word|
* Software developed by a government agency and/or distributed as freeware or shareware.
|72||Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|72||Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
|67||Recognition — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer advancement, potential for leadership, and are often considered prestigious. Corresponding needs are Advancement, Authority, Recognition and Social Status.|
|67||Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|64||Working Conditions — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.|
|50||Support — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.|
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
Employment data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
Industry data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
|Median wages (2012)||$42.59 hourly, $88,590 annual|
|Employment (2010)||39,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2010-2020)||Average (10% to 19%)|
|Projected job openings (2010-2020)||16,200|
|Top industries (2010)||
Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (27% employed in this sector)
State & National
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 wage data and 2010-2020 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2010-2020). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
for Green Marketers
State & National Job Banks
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers . Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition.