Details Report for:
11-2011.01 - Green Marketers
Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Develop branding or sales initiatives for green products, such as solar energy systems, green cleaning products, or products using renewable or recycled materials.
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies, using knowledge of green products and technologies, markets, and regulations.
- Identify marketing channels for green products or services.
- Revise existing marketing plans or campaigns for green products, technologies, or services.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Generate or identify sales leads for green products and technologies.
- Maintain portfolios of marketing campaigns, strategies, and other marketing products or ideas.
- Monitor green-related industry statistics or literature to identify trends.
Tools used in this occupation:
- Desktop computers
- Laser fax machine — Laser facsimile machines
- Notebook computers — Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Photocopiers — Photocopying equipment
- Portable data input terminals — Handheld computers
- Scanners — Computer data input scanners
- Special purpose telephones — Multi-line telephone systems
Technology used in this occupation:
- Calendar and scheduling software — Scheduling software
- Data base management system software — Microsoft SQL Server
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Oracle software
- Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign; Microsoft Publisher
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Reader
- Electronic mail software — Email software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP software
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop software
- Instant messaging software — Twitter
- Internet browser software — Web browser software
- Inventory management software — Inventory tracking software
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office software
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project management software — Microsoft Project
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Web page creation and editing software — Facebook; LinkedIn; WordPress
- Word processing software — Microsoft Word
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Analyze forecasting data to improve business decisions.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in area of expertise.
- Develop procedures to evaluate organizational activities.
- Maintain operational records for green energy processes or other environmentally-sustainable activities.
- Evaluate energy production data.
- Develop marketing plans or strategies for environmental initiatives.
- Present sustainable products or services information to the public.
- Analyze market research data.
- Identify opportunities for green initiatives.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
Employment data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
Industry data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
|Median wages (2014)||$46.50 hourly, $96,720 annual|
|Employment (2014)||31,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2014-2024)||Average (5% to 8%)|
|Projected job openings (2014-2024)||11,400|
|Top industries (2014)||
Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (35% employed in this sector)
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2014 wage data and 2014-2024 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2014-2024). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers . Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition.