Details Report for:
11-9039.02 - Fitness and Wellness Coordinators
Manage or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services. Manage and train staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Supervise fitness or wellness workers, such as fitness instructors, recreation workers, nutritionists, and health educators.
- Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars for wellness and fitness staff.
- Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, weightlifting, and aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.
- Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Operate, and instruct others in, proper operation of fitness equipment, such as weight machines, exercise bicycles, benches, hand weights, and fitness assessment devices.
- Organize and oversee fitness or wellness events or programs, such as information presentations, blood drives, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or first aid training, or organized runs or walks.
- Organize and oversee health screenings, such as flu, mammography, blood pressure, and cholesterol screenings.
- Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
- Recommend or approve new program or service offerings to promote wellness and fitness, produce revenues, or minimize costs.
- Respond to customer, public, or media requests for information about wellness programs or services.
- Select or supervise contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
- Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, or general fitness of participants.
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness and wellness programs.
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
|83||Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
|83||Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|78||Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|72||Recognition — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer advancement, potential for leadership, and are often considered prestigious. Corresponding needs are Advancement, Authority, Recognition and Social Status.|
|64||Working Conditions — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.|
|50||Support — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.|
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
Employment data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
Industry data collected from Education Administrators, All Other.
|Median wages (2012)||$36.95 hourly, $76,860 annual|
|Employment (2010)||33,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2010-2020)||Average (10% to 19%)|
|Projected job openings (2010-2020)||13,600|
|Top industries (2010)||
Educational Services (61% employed in this sector)
State & National
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 wage data and 2010-2020 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2010-2020). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.