Summary Report for:
13-1131.00 - Fundraisers
Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
- Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
|Automobiles or cars — Passenger cars|
|Laser fax machine — Laser facsimile machines|
|Laser printers — Computer laser printers|
|Notebook computers — Laptop computers|
|Photocopiers — Photocopying equipment|
Technology used in this occupation:
|Customer relationship management CRM software — Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge; Constant Contact software; SofterWare DonorPerfect; TheaterMania OvationTix|
|Data base user interface and query software — FileMaker Pro software; Foundatino Directory Online (FDO); Structured query language SQL; WealthEngine Findwealth|
|Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker; Microsoft Publisher|
|Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook|
|Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel|
Interest code: ECA
|Enterprising — Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.|
|Conventional — Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.|
|Artistic — Artistic occupations frequently involve working with forms, designs and patterns. They often require self-expression and the work can be done without following a clear set of rules.|
|Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
Wages & Employment Trends
|Median wages (2012)||$24.37 hourly, $50,680 annual|
|Employment (2012)||66,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2012-2022)||Faster than average (15% to 21%)|
|Projected job openings (2012-2022)||24,300|
|Top industries (2012)|
State & National
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 wage data and 2012-2022 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2012-2022). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
State & National Job Banks
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- Fundraisers . Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition.