Summary Report for:
13-1131.00 - Fundraisers
Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
- Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
|Automobiles or cars — Passenger cars|
|Facsimile machines — Fax machines|
|Laser printers — Computer laser printers|
|Notebook computers — Laptop computers|
|Photocopiers — Photocopying equipment|
Technology used in this occupation:
|Customer relationship management CRM software — AudienceView Ticketing; Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge; SofterWare DonorPerfect; TheaterMania OvationTix|
|Data base user interface and query software — FileMaker Pro software; Foundatino Directory Online (FDO); Structured query language SQL; WealthEngine Findwealth|
|Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker; Microsoft Publisher|
|Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook|
|Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel|
|Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|Relationships — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.|
|Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
Wages & Employment Trends
Employment data collected from Sales and Related Workers, All Other.
Industry data collected from Sales and Related Workers, All Other.
|Median wages (2012)||$24.37 hourly, $50,680 annual|
|Employment (2010)||179,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2010-2020)||Average (10% to 19%)|
|Projected job openings (2010-2020)||73,900|
|Top industries (2010)|
State & National
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 wage data and 2010-2020 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2010-2020). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.