Summary Report for:
15-1199.10 - Search Marketing Strategists
Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Assist in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitors' behaviors.
- Assist in the development of online transactional or security policies.
- Assist in the evaluation or negotiation of contracts with vendors or online partners.
- Collaborate with other marketing staff to integrate and complement marketing strategies across multiple sales channels.
- Collaborate with web, multimedia, or art design staffs to create multimedia Web sites or other internet content that conforms to brand and company visual format.
- Collect and analyze Web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- Combine secondary data sources with keyword research to more accurately profile and satisfy user intent.
- Communicate and collaborate with merchants, Webmasters, bloggers, or online editors to strategically place hyperlinks.
- Conduct financial modeling for online marketing programs or Web site revenue forecasting.
- Conduct market research analysis to identify search query trends, real-time search and news media activity, popular social media topics, electronic commerce trends, market opportunities, or competitor performance.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
|Computer servers — Domain name servers DNS|
|Teleconference equipment — Teleconferencing equipment|
|Videoconferencing systems — Videoconferencing equipment|
Technology used in this occupation:
|Business intelligence and data analysis software — Atlas Search; Conductor Searchlight; IBM Coremetrics software; Searchmetrics Suite|
|Data base user interface and query software — Google; Kanoodle; Microsoft Access|
|Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook|
|Web page creation and editing software — Facebook *; Google Webmaster Tools; LinkedIn *; WordPress *|
* Software developed by a government agency and/or distributed as freeware or shareware.
Interest code: EIC
|Enterprising — Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.|
|Investigative — Investigative occupations frequently involve working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. These occupations can involve searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.|
|Conventional — Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.|
|Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.|
|Working Conditions — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.|
|Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.|
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Computer Occupations, All Other.
Employment data collected from Computer Occupations, All Other.
Industry data collected from Computer Occupations, All Other.
|Median wages (2013)||$39.59 hourly, $82,340 annual|
|Employment (2012)||206,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2012-2022)||Slower than average (3% to 7%)|
|Projected job openings (2012-2022)||40,200|
|Top industries (2012)|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2013 wage data and 2012-2022 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2012-2022). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.