Computer Network Architects
43 matches for Computer systems analyst
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||15 matches|
- Computer Network Architects
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Network Architect Educator
- Computer Network Engineer
- System Programmer
- Systems Engineer
- Associate Professor, Computer Info Systems
- Business Computing Research Director
- Data Communications Analyst
- Information Technology Analyst
- Network Systems Analyst
- Network Systems Consultant
- Network Systems Integrator
- Network Analyst
- Network Operations Analyst
- Network Security Analyst
- Networking Systems and Distributed Systems Engineer
- Networks Computer Consultant
- Personal Computer Network Engineer
- Target Network Analyst
- Telecommunications Analyst
- Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. May also design network and computer security measures. May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- Communicate with system users to ensure accounts are set up properly or to diagnose and solve operational problems.
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, alert them to future needs, resolve problems, or address system maintenance issues.
- Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems.
- Develop or maintain project reporting systems.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and reports on data input or output to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Prepare or monitor project schedules, budgets, or cost control systems.
- Use network computer-aided design (CAD) software packages to optimize network designs.
Detailed Work Activities
- Configure computer networks.
- Design integrated computer systems.
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Develop models of information or communications systems.
- Develop specifications for computer network operation.
- Install computer hardware.
- Install computer software.
- Maintain computer hardware.
- Maintain computer networks to enhance performance and user access.
- Monitor the performance of computer networks.
- Provide technical support for computer network issues.
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information systems.
- Resolve computer network problems.
- Teach others to use computer equipment or hardware.
- Test computer hardware performance.
Learn more on the
Computer Network Architects