31 matches for Computer Information Systems
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Information Systems Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Technology Administrator
- System Administrator
- Data Management Information Technology Specialist
- Database Management System Specialist
- Databases Computer Consultant
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems Administrator
- Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. Identify, investigate, and resolve database performance issues, database capacity, and database scalability. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template, or computer software.
- Develop standards and guidelines for the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals to make changes to database.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Test changes to database applications or systems.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system, or direct others in coding descriptions.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Develop models of information or communications systems.
- Develop performance metrics or standards related to information technology.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Install computer software.
- Provide recommendations to others about computer hardware.
- Read documents to gather technical information.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Update computer database information.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the