20 matches for applied computing technology
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||10 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Data Management Information Technology Specialist
- Databases Computer Consultant
- Information Technology Administrator
- Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. Identify, investigate, and resolve database performance issues, database capacity, and database scalability. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template, or computer software.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desired database performance.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Test changes to database applications or systems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Develop performance metrics or standards related to information technology.
- Evaluate utility of software or hardware technologies.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Install computer software.
- Provide recommendations to others about computer hardware.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Update computer database information.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the